Pages

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Alex Reid set to act the caveman?



Alex Reid has revealed he is excited about the prospect of playing a caveman in a new TV show.

The Celebrity Big Brother winner wants to quit cage fighting and focus on acting and has auditioned for BBC drama 200BC.

Alex told Heat magazine: "The offers I've had for acting are mad, interesting things - I've auditioned for a new BBC drama called 200BC."

He added: "It's a big blockbuster thing, six or seven episodes. I'm quite excited to play a Homo sapien. It's like a different take - that cavemen weren't actually stupid, they were quite intellectual."

Meanwhile, the 34-year-old husband of glamour model Katie Price also revealed plans to launch his own range of merchandise.

Alex wrote in his Star magazine column: "I had meetings about a few possible deals last week that I am really excited about, including one for my own fight clothing brand and sport supplements."

He added: "I might do an aftershave range for Christmas - splash on a dab of Reidonator, I say."