Pages

Sunday, August 8, 2010

'Jersey Shore's new cast member Deena Cortese talks Snooki



Season three of "Jersey Shore" is changing things up a bit, as Angelina Pivarnick has been shown the door in favor of Deena Cortese -- a reported "good friend" of Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi who also brings a foul mouth and plenty of controversy into the house. Cortese reportedly dropped a certain racial slur during a video on Myspace, and has also been known to have a foul mouth in general.

What does Deena say in response to some of this drama? She opens up in a new interview with People Magazine:

"In that video I was not trying to disrespect anyone. It was more of a slang. I wasn’t trying to come off that way at all, and I apologize if I offended anyone. I’m not like that at all, and if I disrespected anyone, I apologize. I would never do something like that again. That shouldn’t have happened in the first place."

Cortese also opens up about her friendship with Snooki, describing how the two of them met long before cameras started to roll:

"We knew each other through her ex-boyfriend. She used to date one of my friends … and as soon as we met, it was just like heaven. We’ve known each other for about two years now."

We will likely have plenty of opportunities to see Cortese's antics on camera soon, as "Jersey Shore" is currently burning through its second season. Do you even think Deena should be on the new season due to some of her recent controversy?

source