Pages

Friday, August 13, 2010

Katy Perry: I Love Gay Bars!



Want to catch a sighting of Katy Perry? Head over to your local gay bar.

The "California Gurls" singer told The Advocate that she prefers going to gay bars over straight bars:

"I had to take a Silkwood shower after my night at [NY gay bar] the Cock. [Laughs] I went with my stylist, Johnny Wujek. I like gay bars better than straight bars because you don’t feel like you have to trade a b--- j-- for a drink; you just have to smile and do a twirl."

Katy has always had a special relationship with the gays: Her debut single, "I Kissed a Girl (And I Liked It)" landed her on the cover of Out magazine as a "Person of the Year." Katy also infamously banned all straight men from the set of "California Gurls" when she stripped down for a sexy candy cloud scene. Watch the video for "California Gurls" below.

Later, in her interview with the magazine, Katy shows her support for marriage equality:

"It’s absurd that it’s not equality for all. The fact that we’re still dealing with it is stupid. It’s like, f---- come on! It’s interesting because I come from a whole different world where I was raised with the idea that being gay was taboo and not right. Even though I love my parents and we can agree to disagree, I’m glad I’ve had my eyes opened."