Pages

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Hilary Duff Talks Life After Honeymoon

Whats changed now that you're married?
Oh, goodness, not that much actually. Its nice that everything's fallen back into the normal daily routines of our life. Mikes actually left now, hes in Pittsburgh.

What was your favorite part of the honeymoon?
Eating. I just ate a lot. You know we just had a good time together, it was me and him, obviously. Just before he had left it was nice to take those few days and eat and hang out on the beach and be in a beautiful home. That's it. I think it was pretty much just like everybody else's honeymoon.




You're so young, but do you have any baby plans?
We don't. We definitely want kids but, its funny I read on the internet all the time that I'm like ready for a baby and I cant wait. Its just not true, Ill just leave it be, wed be very happy but not trying right now.

What do you have next in terms of work? We know you have a book!
My book! Yes, so I'm getting ready to go on my book tour, I think October 7 and it will be for about two weeks and I'm going to come back home and start writing again so I think I have to have the second book finished by December or January. Its going to be a little bit of a rush but I'm excited. I have lots of ideas for the follow-up book and I think it will be good. I'm excited for people to see what Ive done and its so different from what Ive done before and I think it will be unexpected.

Are you going to move to Pittsburgh?
I'm not, no, I'm not moving to Pittsburgh but I'm sure I'm going to be there a lot. I have such a busy life in L.A. and four dogs and my family's there and my work. Ill be doing a lot of commuting I'm sure.

Are you like a mom to your dogs?
Yes. Its sick, actually. Its a really big problem. Because I cant be away from them for like more than a few days and I feel really guilty and then even when I come home they're mad at me and looking at me like, You left us, Mom. Its a big responsibility having four dogs. I feel like a mom.

How did you get involved in your charity?
I started it with a man named Stan Curtis who is so amazing and has such a vision and a goal for feeding children. And now I think were in 203 schools and we fill backpacks full of food and send underprivileged children home on the weekends with backpacks full of food.

When do you start it?
About four years ago.

Oh wow, so its really accomplished now.
Yeah, it is. I think we?re like feeding 37,000 kids each weekend and were in like 24 different states and its growing, so that's exciting. Getting to be a part of this day is amazing and what this company does is really huge and really life changing for so many young peoples lives that are in need.


SOURCE