Monday, September 13, 2010

Looks like Jennifer Lopez is not out of the picture yet!

Jennifer Lopez Agrees to $12M 'Idol' Contract

Jennifer Lopez looks like she'll be spending the next few months as an American Idol judge after all! It's been reported that J.Lo agreed to a $12 million deal to be on the show, following the departures of Simon Cowell, Ellen DeGeneres and Kara DioGuardi.

It has been claimed by that Lopez was asking for $15 million to star on the series plus a guaranteed motion picture deal and a number of TV pilots from the companies which produce American Idol - Fox, Fremantle, and 19 Entertainment.

However, her demands for a film and TV programs were refused. An insider said: “She was angling for an overall deal at Fox, including a put picture, to keep her movie career going. But Fox said no."

Lopez’s manager Benny Medina arranged a meeting between the "Jenny From the Block" singer and producers in June and she accepted the judging role in July. She was also allegedly approached by Cowell to be a judge on the US version of his program The X Factor, which will air in autumn 2011 before committing to American Idol.

A source revealed: “I think it was just positioning. In the end, she didn't turn up her nose up at $12 million.”

The 41-year-old star – who was dropped by her record label Sony Music Epic Records last year – has also allegedly asked American Idol bosses to delay announcing the new judging line-up until later this month to coincide with the release of her new single, her first release on Island Def Jam.

source: zimbio