Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2010

David Arquette Talks "Scream 4"

Here's what David had to say about Scream 4:

"It felt like there had been these series of pretty graphic horror films. So to go back to something that's a little more traditional, with a sense of humor, I think that people are going to be ready for it and be really excited. In my opinion, just knowing the beginning and the ending and sort of everything that happens in the middle, I think it's going to be the best sequel of the series. Because it sort of goes back to the original place, Woodsboro, and it explores what happens there, why it happened, and some of the people involved. So it was a lot of fun."

David on playing Dewey again, ten years later:

"It was pretty easy, I mean, Dewey, a lot of his humor comes from aspects of my own character that I find funny and people seem to find funny. Now he's in this position of authority but he doesn't get a ton of respect, and he's kind of frustrated by it, but it also makes it sort of easy to discover lines or improvise things when you know where your character is coming from and who he is. I know him pretty well – he's pretty close to me and I have a lot of fun playing him."



David on his cast and crew:

"This set, being surrounded by a group of people you've worked with for 16 years, although you haven't worked with them, it was really great. It was like a family. To get to know Neve [Campbell] again, and to get to work opposite Courtney, which I don't get to do that often, I really enjoyed that a lot. So it's just really fun to do."

And David on the ending of the film:

"I'm really excited to see how it turns out/I mean, obviously I read the script and I know where it goes and what happens, but you explore stuff on the set and you try things, and a few of them I'm pretty sure are going to [generate] laughs. I think it's going to be really fun for people to watch and sort of see these characters come back to life."

Source: moviefone