Pages

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Eliza Dushku reveals "The Avenger" character she's interested in

"I don't want to kill anyone's fantasy, but I think he's working with an unbelievable ensemble cast over there," she told MTV News. "I don't know, it might distract him from his new [project]. Maybe some others [from his usual actors], but I have not made a call to him about being in 'The Avengers,' no."

Though Whedon has announced that Scarlett Johannson's Black Widow would be the only female Avenger, he did allow that there would be other female characters in the film, which would allow enough room for Dushku to squeeze a role in. And then there's Dushku's earlier fan campaign for the role of Black Widow, which might soften Whedon up to find a role for her in "Avengers."

Her response doesn't mean she's not open to the idea, either. She liked the suggestion Splash Page made earlier this year of her as The Scarlet Witch, but implied that she had another Marvel character beyond Black Widow (which she described as "definitely kind of a fantasy") that she would love to play.

"It's just like a giant pool of awesome characters. I guess, maybe I shouldn't throw it out there and jinx it, like what happened with Black Widow. Maybe I talked about it too soon," she teased.



Source: MTV/ splashpage