Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Katie Couric: I Am Leaving CBS Evening New



After weeks of widespread speculation about her future, Katie Couric is finally ready to go on the record.

"I have decided to step down from the CBS Evening News," Couric tells PEOPLE exclusively. "I'm really proud of the talented team on the CBS Evening News and the award-winning work we've been able to do in the past five years in addition to the reporting I've done for 60 Minutes and CBS Sunday Morning. In making the decision to move on, I know the Evening News will be in great hands, but I am excited about the future."

What's next for the 32-year broadcast veteran? "I am looking at a format that will allow me to engage in more multi-dimensional storytelling," she says, adding that other details, including when and where the show will air, are "still being discussed."

Source: PEOPLE