Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Emma Stone in Elle - July 2011



On having braces and wearing glasses while growing up: “And I sucked my thumb until I was 11, so I had this expander in. I was a good-looking kid. I never felt, like, dorky. I was just like, ‘Yup, these are my braces. I’ve had them forever.’”

On not being recognized as easily in public with her new look: “I mean, I haven’t been around very long. I can’t expect everyone to have seen The House Bunny. Oh God. I am having such waves of internal embarrassment, which now I’m admitting on a tape recorder. This is so one of the things I should keep in my head.”

On wanting to be believable in her roles: “I like to look like a person. It drives me crazy when you see women in movies playing teachers, and they have biceps. It totally takes me out of the movie. I start thinking, Wow, that actress playing this part really looks great!”

On developing as a person and as an actress : “I was sitting in a restaurant like this. And I’m working on this script. To my right, a guy was like, ‘I’m producing this thing’…and I was like, You can’t play a regular person and live only in circumstances where people are only talking about movies. The most important part of my job is feeling like I understand as much as I can about humans and human behavior.”