Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Maisie Williams Talks 'Game of Thrones'



"Mom lets me watch all of it," Williams, 13, admits to TVGuide.com. "I usually cover my eyes for some parts because it's a bit embarrassing, but it's just acting at the end of the day. And I've seen how the beheading was done and things like that. It looks scary, but I know in real life it was not bad."

Despite being exposed to the rather adult situations, Williams remains refreshingly unjaded and identifies with her spirited character.

"I describe Arya as quite feisty, a tomboy," she says. "She likes to break the rules and doesn't really like being how everyone thinks she should be. I like playing outside and messing around. When I was in primary school my best friend was a boy and we always goofed around, climbed trees, got holes in my trousers and muddied all my tops and things like that, a complete nightmare for the washing, but great fun. I would always put a bit of Maisie into everything."

Arya's biggest antagonist is her much more feminine and refined older sister, Sansa, played by Arya's real-life friend Sophie Turner. Sansa is blindly devoted to the spoiled and corrupt Prince Joffrey (Jack Gleeson) and even lied to protect him once.

"Arya thinks of Sansa as a bit iffy, sort of clueless as to what's going on around her," Williams explains. "She finds Sansa annoying as she's always going on about princes and marrying and having children and Arya just thinks all that's way, way in the future. It's a waste of time. Joffrey is not very nice and she can see that, but Sansa can't. Arya is definitely trying to get through to people what she knows, but sometimes it's not always the best way and she gets into trouble."

Source: tvguide