Pages

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Daniel Radcliffe talks Deathly Hallows: Part 2 most emotional, enjoyable scenes




What did you enjoy most about making Part 2?
Daniel Radcliffe: I have to say, being beaten up by Ralph Fiennes was pretty fun. It wasn’t always comfortable, but it was fun. I enjoy scenes like that, where I get slapped around a bit. It’s quite fun. That was good. That was definitely a highlight. Being on the underground cart - which takes us inside Gringotts – being on that cart with Rupert, a guy called John, Warwick Davis and Helena Bonham Carter, and then Emma, was great fun because we were all soaking wet, we were all making jokes – it was just hilarious. It was really, really good. It was a fun few days.

What was the most emotional part of the film for you?
Dan: Weirdly enough, the most emotional shot of the film was probably the last one, which was not an emotional scene. It was literally a shot of me jumping into a fireplace at the end of the Ministry of Magic chase scene. That was our last shot of the film. That was how we ended it.

I think the other emotional scene in this film, and the one that I’d been most looking forward to as well, was the scene where I walk into the forest and suddenly I see my parents and Sirius and Lupin standing in front of me. That was an emotional scene also because Gary came back for it. And also because Adrian and Geraldine, who play my parents, are wonderful, and personally I’m sad they died because I would’ve loved to have acted more with them. Also the character of Lupin died, [which] for me was one of the most upsetting in the books because I loved that character. So that scene was pretty emotional, I think. It should be anyway.